We never lack for things to do near McLean. Here’s a sampling of the many holiday-themed events taking place nearby and even next door.
Two events – The Belmont Holiday Home Tour and the Belmont Christmas Village – are being sponsored in part by McLean. Enjoy!
- Belmont Holiday Home Tour – Sponsored in part by McLean, this popular event featuring five homes in Belmont’s historic district decorated for the holidays. Noon-5 pm Dec 2.
- Belmont Christmas Parade – More than 100 floats, bands and many other entries, including Santa! 3:30-5 pm Dec. 5 on Main and Catawba streets in downtown Belmont.
- Belmont Christmas Village – Shopping with a true holiday spirit, 6-9 pm Dec. 8 in historic downtown Belmont. Enjoy carriage rides sponsored by McLean, hay rides, hot cider and Santa!
- Holiday Boat Parade – Gather at T-Bones on the Lake in Lake Wylie, SC, to view this watery holiday tradition. The parade starts at the dock at 6:30 pm Dec. 16.
- Holidays at the Garden – Our neighbor, Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden, transforms into a glittering winder wonderland. Visit 5-9 nightly through Dec. 31 except Christmas Day.
- Christmas Town USA – Nearby McAdenville offers the granddaddy of holiday light displays, with the whole village aglow nightly Dec. 2-26 starting at dusk. Drive through or park and walk!