There’s always plenty to do for fun when you live at Mclean – especially between now and the end of the year!
Our hometown of Belmont and our neighboring villages of Cramerton, Mount Holly and McAdenville offer numerous seasonal events, including music, village shopping days, holiday displays, parades and 5K runs.
Here’s a quick look at events through early December, plus links to online events calendars for many more activities through the end of the year.
- Shop Small Saturday in historic downtown Belmont – All day Nov. 24. Our historic and highly walkable downtown Belmont has several boutiques and tasty restaurants to make your shopping visit enjoyable and rewarding – especially on Shop Small Saturday! Learn more about Historic Downtown Belmont.
- Cramerton Holiday Bazaar – 10 am-2 pm Dec. 1 in the CB Huss Recreation Center. Our neighbor to the west will host more than 40 vendors in this one-day bazaar. Learn more.
- Historic Downtown Belmont shopping guide – Don’t go shopping without it! Get your guide.
- Directory of Gaston County Specialty Shops guide – Discover dozens of specialty shops in the many villages throughout Gaston County. Get your guide.
Tastings at Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden
There’s much more than flowers at the Garden, including programs to please your palate. Here are two coming up soon. The Garden is adjacent to McLean at 6500 S. New Hope Road. Directions
- Tea Tasting, 11 am and 1 pm Dec. 2 – Celebrate the holiday season with a variety of teas paired with scrumptious snacks while learning more about each type of tea. Details and reservations
- Wine Pairing, 3-5 pm Dec. 9 – Join special guest Chef Chad Hutcheson of the String Bean in Belmont, six-time winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, for this afternoon of scrumptious small bites and delectable wine samples. Details and reservations
Take a hike next door
Fitness Hike at Seven Oaks Preserve Trail – 2 pm Dec. 2. Join the Catawba Lands Conservancy on this easy 2-mile hike on the Seven Oaks Preserve Trail, located beside The Conservancy neighborhood in McLean. Trailhead parking is at 6900 S. New Hope Road, Belmont. Directions. Hike details
If you like running, you will love all of the 5K races taking place near McLean through late December!
- Nov. 22 – Turkey Day 5K walk and run in Belmont. 8 am start at Walk and run Belmont. Details
- Nov. 24 – Christmas Town USA 5K under the lights. Enjoy a unique run through the dazzling lighted village of McAdenville. The run starts at 6 pm Pharr Family YMCA. Details
- Dec. 1 – Girls on the Run 5K in downtown Belmont. Gather at Stowe Park in the heart of historic Belmont. Details
- Dec. 15 – We Believe Santa 5K Trail Race and Dog Jog. Take a brisk jog through the US National Whitewater Center trail system. Then grab your canine friend and hit the trails decked out in St. Nick attire for the 5K Dog Jog. Details
- Dec. 22 ¬– Santa Hustle 5K and Half Marathon in Belmont. Shopping done? Celebrate in these two running events through Historic Downtown Belmont. Details
Holiday light extravaganzas
Two of the biggest holiday light extravaganzas in the region begin soon near McLean.
- Holidays at the Garden – Nov. 23-Jan. 6 at Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden. Our next-door neighbor lights up its spectacular gardens with its best holiday display ever, including an all-new musically orchestrated topiary display. Closed Christmas Day. Details
- Christmas Town USA – Nov. 30-Dec. 26 in McAdenville. The annual transformation of McAdenville into Christmas Town USA runs 5:30-9:30 pm nightly Nov. 30-Dec. 26. The show is free! Several holiday events are planned starting in late November. Details
Discover much more with these event calendars
We have only scratched the surface of the many events taking place close to McLean soon and throughout the year. Here are links to several on-line resources to help you learn about all of the activities.