March 29, 2017 – Spring is always lovely in the Carolinas, and there is no more beautiful and exciting place to enjoy it this spring than at McLean. Lake Wylie’s stunning waterfront community offers Americana-inspired custom homes with choice waterfront vistas, spacious estate homes on expansive lots, miles of forest trails and much more – perhaps even the home of your dreams! Come see!
Latest developments at South Shore at McLean
Our premiere waterfront community of South Shore has magnificent new homes and the signature South Shore Clubhouse under construction.
Peachtree Residential – Peachtree Residential has several homes under construction or finished on Seven Oaks Landing, including its award-winning model home at 200 Seven Oaks Landing, open daily.
- John Wieland model home – From our information center at 175 Armstrong Road you can see John Wieland Homes’ future model home on Shimmerlake Lane.
- South Shore Clubhouse – Continue on Seven Oaks Landing to the South Shore Clubhouse and pool, rapidly taking shape on a knoll with beautiful lake views. The clubhouse will open this summer.
- New waterfront homes – Turn left at the clubhouse onto South Shore Drive and proceed to Cape August Place to see gorgeous waterfront homes by Arthur Rutenberg and McSpadden Custom Homes, plus spacious estate homes by Wieland Homes.
- Browse South Shore home and property listings – Custom waterfront homes • Estate homes • Waterfront lots
Enjoy our South Shore slideshow – Click here to see our latest photos of the natural and hand-crafted beauty of South Shore.
Model homes, community garden and more
There’s plenty more new see when you visit McLean, including:
New homes and model homes at The Conservancy – Essex Homes and M/I Homes have been hard at work in our second neighborhood, The Conservancy. Essex has several homes nearing completion. Its model home will open soon. M/I Homes also has begun building on its first homes and model. Both builders offer several one-floor designs with optional second-floor bedrooms, bathrooms and bonus rooms.
- Overlake takes shape – Work has begun on McLean’s third neighborhood, Overlake, directly across New Hope Road from the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden. Located on a beautiful Lake Wylie cove, Overlake will feature traditional single-family home choices and family-friendly amenities such as a pool/cabana and playgrounds for children. Numerous green spaces and an adjacent mountain biking trail will complement this active, outdoor, family-oriented neighborhood.
- Community garden at historic McLean House – Our information center at the historic McLean House on Armstrong Road will soon have a community garden for McLean residents. Learn more when you visit the information center, open 11 am-5 pm Tuesdays-Saturdays and 1-5 pm Sundays and Mondays.
Historic Belmont is becoming lively Belmont, too!
Belmont’s historic downtown has long been an enjoyable place to stroll, shop, dine and play. Now an eclectic NoDa – Plaza-Midwood flair is emerging nearby in what popular online magazine CharlotteAgenda.com describes as Belmont’s River District.
Among the author’s favorite attractions: barbecue and tacos at Peace-N-Hominy, tons of old stuff in the Catawba River Antique Mall, and playing with the kids at brand-new Riverfront Park. Read the story, and go explore!
Springtime means good times!
Living in McLean means having plenty to do without fighting Charlotte crowds! Here’s a sampling of upcoming events, including top US cyclists racing through the streets of historic downtown Belmont!
- Belmont 2017 CaroMont Health Criterium – April 23. Top U.S. pro and Olympic cyclists will race through downtown Belmont as part of the USA Cycling National Criterium Calendar races. Kids’ criterium, too. Details
- Belmont Living History Day – April 29. local history displays, bluegrass music, arts and kids’ activities at the Belmont Historical Society center. Details
- Earthfest at Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden – April 29-30 – Education, adventure, hikes and games for all ages. The garden is next to McLean on South New Hope Road. Details
- Arts in the Abbey – April 30. Spring concert by Belmont Abbey College students and faculty in historic Belmont Abbey Basilica. Details
- Jazz Art Crawl and Concert in the Park – May 6 – Shop for artwork and crafts in downtown Belmont, then enjoy live jazz in Stowe Park. Details