McLean is taking shape within an historic community with rich traditions. We invite you to enjoy the many seasonal events – including our holiday open house Dec 10-11 – that make this such a festive time of year (details below).
Come visit McLean soon, and learn how we’re weaving the tradition of enduring craftsmanship into every home.
Latest developments at McLean
John Wieland in South Shore
John Wieland Homes has begun clearing and grading for its first three estate homes in South Shore, including its model home.
The Southampton, pictured here, gives families a single-story layout with everything – except compromise.
The spacious lot on Cape August Place backs up to a natural area and walking trail.
Wieland will start construction soon on a waterfront home, as well. Details
More new homes and designs coming to South Shore
• Custom homes – To learn more about South Shore’s custom homes and builders, visit the McLean information center at 175 Armstrong Road.
Learn more: Anne Brade, Broker and Realtor®, RE/MAX Executive, 704-650-4951 or Anne@annebrade.com.
• Peachtree Residential Estate homes – Get details about Peachtree Residential estate homes at its model, at 200 Seven Oaks Landing; or contact sales manager Linda Marucci, 704-201-5401 or LMarucci@peachtreeres.com.
• More beautiful custom-home choices ahead – New South Shore custom-home designs are in the works. Our builder team will soon introduce new designs that capture South Shore’s natural beauty and elegance.
M/I Homes begins development in The Conservancy
M/I Homes is the newest addition to McLean. M/I will build 50 cottage ranch homes in The Conservancy, beside Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden and the Seven Oaks nature preserve. Pre-sales have already begun.
M/I Homes will offer six ranch-home designs. Most can be built with an optional bonus room or upstairs living room.
Prices start from $230s. Details
Essex has several homes under way in The Conservancy
Essex Homes is hard at work on several houses in The Conservancy.
Essex offers spacious one-floor designs with optional second-floor additions.
For example, the 4-BR 3-bath home at 417 Trillium Way, pictured here, will have 2,733 sf with 5-inch hardwood floors in several rooms, upgraded kitchen cabinets and upstairs bedroom, bonus room and unfinished storage. $305,250. Details
Learn more: Tina Mueller, 704-609-2721 or email@example.com
Clearing under way for Overlake
The Overlake neighborhood is emerging along South New Hope Road, as site clearing progresses.
Overlake will feature a variety of traditional single-family-home choices in an active, outdoor, family oriented neighborhood. Details
It’s a wonderful time of the year at McLean!
Here’s a sampling of the many events taking place near McLean this month.
• Holiday Open House at McLean – Our information center in the historic McLean House makes the perfect setting for a holiday open house. Stop by to see our progress, learn about our builders and enjoy refreshments. Open 11 am-5 pm Dec. 10 and 1-5 pm Dec. 11. Details: 980-283-715
• Belmont Christmas Tree Lighting – 5:15 pm Dec. 5 – Come to City Hall at 115 North Main Street for the annual lighting of the city Christmas tree. Enjoy choral music, a brief program and refreshments. Details
• Belmont Christmas Parade – 4-5:30 pm Dec. 6 – Thousands of people will line Main Street and Catawba Avenue in downtown Belmont for the 67th annual Christmas parade. Enjoy more than 100 community floats, decorated vehicles, marching bands and, of course, Santa! Details
• Holiday Concert at Belmont Abbey College – 8 pm Dec. 9 at the Belmont Abbey Basilica – The Belmont Abbey College chorus, voice and instrumental students present music for the season. There will be carols for all to sing, accompanied by the Abbey Basilica organ. Free. Details
• Belmont Christmas Village – 6-9 pm Dec. 9 – Stroll the festive streets of our historic downtown Belmont, visit the shops and restaurants, and enjoy refreshments, Christmas carolers and more. McLean is sponsoring a trolley, and our friends at The String Bean Market / 10 Catawba will have complementary hot cocoa, hot cider and s’mores at the trolley stop! Details
• Christmas Town USA – Dec. 1-26 – The whole village of McAdenville glows with Christmas lights and spirit, drawing thousands of visitors nightly to our neighbor just west of Belmont. Details
• Holidays at the Garden – Nightly through Jan. 1 – Our wonderful Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden becomes truly magical as 600,000 lights twinkle in the frosty air. Enjoy holiday displays, carriage rides, warm beverages and visits from Santa. Details