Key destinations are within a 30-minute drive.
When you’re walking along our Lake Wylie waterfront or hiking the Seven Oaks Nature Preserve, it’s easy to think that McLean is a world away from the bustle of Charlotte – and it is.
Yet when you want to enjoy Charlotte’s immense offerings of shopping, pro sports, entertainment and education – or simply get to work or the doctor – you’ll be surprised how close everything can be.
This map shows 12 key destinations in the Charlotte region that are 30 minutes or less by car from McLean during most times of the day. Charlotte-Douglas Airport’s terminal is just 20 minutes away. Our beautiful village of Belmont, just 10 minutes!
Thanks to the eight-lane I-85 freeway through Gaston and Mecklenburg Counties, the I-485 Outer Belt and high-capacity parallel highways such as Wilkinson and Franklin boulevards, even Charlotte’s primary employment centers of uptown, University Research Park and Ballantyne are within reasonable commute times on most days. Of course, serious rush-hour accidents and holiday travelers will make the commutes longer.
When you get home, McLean awaits
One of the great benefits of living at McLean is being surrounded by beauty and nature. The map gives you some idea how big Lake Wylie is. The lake begins just north of I-85 between Mount Holly and Belmont and stretches all the way to Tega Cay, SC, with more than 300 miles of shoreline – including 5 miles of shoreline in McLean!
All commute times and distances are provided by Google Maps and reflect optimum drive times as of Oct. 28, 2016. Starting point is the McLean information center at 175 Armstrong Road, Belmont.
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport terminal – 13.3 miles, 20 minutes
- Center City Charlotte at College and Stonewall streets – 19.8 miles, 26 minutes
- Ballantyne at I-485 Exit 61 and Johnston Road – 27.4 miles, 29 minutes
- Lake Wylie, SC, at the Buster Boyd Bridge and SC 49 – 7 miles, 14 minutes
- CaroMont Regional Medical Center, Cox Road, Gastonia – 11.1 miles, 19 minutes
- University Research Park at I-85 Exit 45 and West W.T. Harris Blvd. – 25.5 miles, 29 minutes
- Northlake Mall entrance, West W.T. Harris Blvd. – 22.7 miles, 27 minutes
- Huntersville at I-77 Exit 23 and Gilead Road – 27 miles, 29 minutes
- Fort Mill, SC at I-77 Exit 85 and SC 160 – 15.3 miles, 25 minutes
- Rock Hill, SC at I-77 Exit 82 and Cherry Road – 19.1 miles, 28 minutes
- Crowders Mountain State Park at Linwood Road access – 17.7 miles, 28 minutes
- Downtown Belmont, South Main Street – 6.6 miles, 10 minutes